New Growth Capital
New Growth Capital offers microloans to startup and existing rural businesses that are unable to find financing elsewhere. Our goal is for microloan borrowers to grow and graduate to traditional bank loans.
New Growth Capital also helps small rural businesses get going and growing with development assistance through the New Growth Women’s Business Center and partners in the START HERE Business Acceleration Network. Most microloan borrowers receive business technical assistance. In addition, New Growth helps individuals and entrepreneurs move into the financial mainstream with credit building assistance.
What is a microloan?
Who: For aspiring and existing businesses unable to secure bank financing or to self-finance.
Amounts: $500 to $50,000
Interest rates: 4% to 12% above PRIME
Terms: 90 days to 7 years. No penalty for early payoff.
Collateral: Flexible collateral requirements. No collateral required for loans $3,000 or less.
Am I microloan ready?
You are ready to apply if you meet most of these criteria:
- An existing business or business in development.
- Sufficient business plan information, including expenses and revenue projections.
- Current and documented personal income and/or business revenue.
- An open bank account in good standing.
- Two professional references.
How do I get microloan ready?
New Growth Capital and partners will help rural entrepreneurs get microloan ready.
Potential borrowers must:
- Have a well-formed business idea and be willing to build a business plan.
- Be willing to take action to improve their credit score over a short period of time.
- Have the ability to ultimately meet loan readiness criteria above.
What is the microloan process?
1. Schedule a one-on-one session to discuss your business and loan readiness. Call New Growth at 417-282-5936 or email email@example.com
2. Work with a New Growth Capital loan counselor to complete the full loan application.
3. Provide required documents. The number and type of documents will vary by the type and size of the loan. Additional documents may be required before closing.
4. When ready, the loan counselor will present your request to the START HERE Revolving Loan Fund underwriting committee. This group of qualified community members approves and denies loans. The committee may request additional information.
5. If approved, New Growth Capital will schedule a loan closing date and review all documentation. It may require updated or additional information.
6. Loan disbursement follows.
New Growth Capital typically funds loans within 14 days from the date ALL required documentation is received.
Schedule a one-on-one session with a New Growth Capital loan counselor.
Call 417-282-5936 or email firstname.lastname@example.org