Get help buying local and join the Crunch Off!
Never has there been a better, and more fun, time for rural schools in west central Missouri to try out Farm to School!
- Show your stuff in the national Farm to School crunch off! Compete with other states in the USDA Mountain/Plains region.
- Up to $1,000 is available from the Missouri Department of Agriculture to schools that buy local produce by November 1, 2022.
- Help finding and working with local providers is available from Farm to School Specialist Jaclyn Carroll at West Central Missouri Community Action Agency.
- Crunching any local fruit or veggie qualifies for the Crunch Off competition among schools during October Farm to School month.
- Jaclyn has scored a supply of local apples for that perfect Crunch Off bite!
Jaclyn is ready to help schools not only source local but complete applications to the Missouri Department of Agriculture for reimbursement for local purchasing.
You can reach Jaclyn 660-476-2185 ext. 3145 or by email at <jcarroll @ wcmcaa.org>.
And here are some people who can help you get involved in the October Crunch Off!
- Alexis Jose, Missouri Department of Agriculture | Alexi.email@example.com
- Lisa (Farmer) Lauer | Department of Health & Senior Services | Bureau of
Community Health & Wellness | firstname.lastname@example.org