Request for Proposals
Consulting services for the development of 2022 certified Community Development Financial Institution application
Through this Request for Proposals (“RFP”), West Central Community Development Corporation (dba New Growth) seeks proposals from qualified firms to develop an application for 2022 Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) certification. The scope of work for this RFP includes consultant guidance on organizational structure for New Growth to operate rural community development and business assistance programs alongside its certified CDFI.
One (1) original(s) and three (3) copies of the proposal must be submitted to New Growth, PO Box 43, Osceola, MO 64776, Attn: Lyndsey Heathman, Administrative Program Coordinator. Proposals must be concise and include all attachments. Proposals must be presented on business letterhead.
Proposals must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. CST on Oct. 18, 2021.
Respondents are advised that all submissions (including those not selected for engagement) may be made available to the public on request upon completion of the process and award of a contract(s).
SCOPE OF WORK
Please see the Scope of Work provided in Attachment A.
ITEMS TO BE INCLUDED WITH THE PROPOSAL
General Firm Information
Provide a brief description of your firm, including but not limited to the following:
- Name of the principal(s) of the firm.
- Name, telephone number, and email address of a representative of the firm authorized to discuss your proposal.
- Address of all offices of the firm.
- The number of employees of the firm.
Experience and Resources
Describe your firm and its capabilities. In particular, support your capacity to perform the Scope of Work. Please indicate the number of successful applications your firm has written for CDFI certification and CDFI Fund program funding.
Indicate which principals and associates from your firm would be involved in providing services to New Growth. Provide appropriate background information for each such person and identify his or her responsibilities.
Provide a detailed list of references including a contact name, title, and telephone number for organizations or businesses for whom you have performed similar work.
Identify any conflict of interest that may arise as a result of business activities or ventures by your firm and associates of your firm, employees, or subcontractors as a result of any individual’s status as a member of the board of directors of any organization likely to interact with New Growth.
Identify any material litigation, administrative proceedings, or investigations in which your firm is currently involved. Identify any material litigation, administrative proceedings or investigations, to which your firm or any of its principals, partners, associates, subcontractors, or support staff was a party, that has been settled within the past two (2) years.
Describe how your firm will handle actual and or potential conflicts of interest.
The cost of services is one of the factors that will be considered in awarding this contract. The information requested in this section is required to support the reasonableness of your fees.
Please provide a cost proposal for providing the Scope of Work at Attachment A.
Provide an itemized breakdown of billing rates and hourly costs, a list of key personnel and their hourly rates, reimbursable expenses, etc. for any services that may be requested in addition to the services previously described.
Please provide any other fee information applicable to the engagement that has not been previously covered that you wish to bring to the attention of New Growth.
New Growth encourages the participation of persons of color, women, persons with disabilities, and members of other federally and State-protected classes. Describe your firm’s affirmative action program and activities. Include the number and percentage of members of federally and State-protected classes who are either principals or senior managers in your firm, the number and percentage of members of federally and State-protected classes in your firm who will work on New Growth’s engagement and, if applicable, a copy of your Minority- or Women-Owned Business Enterprise state certification.
Discuss any topics not covered in this Request for Proposals that you would like to bring to New Growth’s attention.
EVALUATION AND SELECTION
A selection committee consisting of New Growth employees and directors (the “Committee”) will review all proposals and make a determination based on the following factors:
- Professional capacity to undertake the Scope of Work
- Demonstrated track record for developing successful applications for CDFI certification and other CDFI Fund grant funding
- Proposed fee structure
- Ability to perform within time and budget constraints
- Previous experience and performance with similar organizations
- Recommendations by references
- Other pertinent information submitted.
New Growth may invite one or more finalists to make presentations.
By this Request for Proposals, New Growth has not committed itself to undertake the work set forth. New Growth reserves the right to reject any and all proposals, to rebid the original or amended scope of services, and to enter into negotiations with one or more respondents. New Growth reserves the right to make those decisions after receipt of responses. New Growth’s decision on these matters is final.
For additional information contact: Chief Economic Inclusion Officer Lisa Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scope of Work
New Growth seeks to engage a professional consulting firm to develop an application for 2022 Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) certification and provide guidance on organizational structure for New Growth to operate rural community development and business assistance programs alongside its certified CDFI.
The selected firm will be responsible for the timely performance of the following activities, with input and support from New Growth staff:
- Review and summarize the criteria and procedures relative to the 2022 CDFI certification.
- Confirm New Growth’s DUNS and other applicable registration system requirements and status.
- Prepare and submit on behalf of New Growth any required pre-application registrations and materials required.
- Attend webinars, conference calls, and other presentations hosted or recommended by the CDFI Fund relative to CDFI certification and CDFI Fund grant funding.
- Develop New Growth’s preliminary plan for application, including organizational structure considerations for operating the CDFI alongside New Growth’s community development and microenterprise programming.
- Draft New Growth’s application materials and any other related or supporting documents with sufficient time for review by New Growth staff.
- Finalize New Growth’s application and related materials for submission to the CDFI Fund by fact-checking, proofreading, and comparing the content of the application and materials against requirements.
- Submit New Growth’s application and related materials using the methods (electronic or otherwise) available. New Growth will require that this final submission be made at least one business day in advance of any deadline.
- Prepare an organizational structure plan for New Growth, including associated timeframes and legal filing steps, for conducting community development and microenterprise programming alongside CDFI operations.